[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Clans RPG • View topic - Weddings Are SO Embarrassing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weddings Are SO Embarrassing

<<

Arella

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Weddings Are SO Embarrassing

*Intro partially stolen from the BozoCat

Megatokyo, The Clans

MegaTokyo, the Clans is what happens when you take the city portrayed in the MegaTokyo comic, make all the main characters gods, and give control of the city to their worshippers. Of course, you also have to add in a certain smattering of evil corporations battling for world domination, alien conspiracies, zombie rampages, holy and unholy interventions, and general popular culture and anime influenced zaniness.

There are two important resources for getting oriented to the world of MegaTokyo, the Clans.

1. . This is a world-editable archive of as many characters, groups, plots, places, items, and more. In short, it aims to be a complete reference to the game. How complete it is depends on how much stuff the players add. Go players! Add stuff! The should feature a relatively up-to-date summary of what the world is like.

2. . This is the best way to get yourself up-to-speed in an active, real-time manner where you can communicate with players in real time. irc.irchighway.net is the server, and the channel is rpgclans. Don't be frightened by the outlandish and sometimes frightening topics that sometimes are posted there. We're all nice people. Mostly nice people. People who aren't nice to new players will be hit in the head with a bright green duck.

Rules

1. Be civil to other authors!

2. Characters (and to a lesser extent factions, locations, and gear) belong to their authors. Please be courteous with your use of other people's characters, and remember that sometimes people have abilities and effects on their character that you don't know about. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN YOU KILL ANOTHER PERSON'S CHARACTER WITHOUT THEIR EXPRESS PERMISSION.

3. NO GODMODDING. You cannot write for someone else's character without their express permission.

4. Have good spelling and grammar. You should ALWAYS read over a post before submitting it.

5. Keep it tasteful. Unnecessary and excessive swearing should be avoided (this doesn't mean your character cannot swear, but every other word coming out of their mouth shouldn't be a curse either), and while mature subject matter is not forbidden, let's keep it under an NC-17 rating. If you really need to write some smut, you can use an external link. If there is some mature subject matter in your post, please include the appropriate warnings at the beginning.

6. No double-posting. Let someone else have a turn!

Formatting

Please read the posted under !

New Players

I highly recommend the new player page of the wiki, linked above. Also, please check out the threads under before joining the game.

In general, I try to keep myself available for new players at all times. Other senior authors are also good resources, as well as faction leaders.

Many posts are written in realtime on AIM or in IRC.

This Thread

Anaryn and Nicholas are finally getting married! All invited guests are welcome, but potential party crashers should speak to before posting.

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is for the wedding and reception ONLY - our main story thread will be up next, so please do not confuse the two!

Time: This particular thread takes place roughly one year after the Demon Invasion.

Location: London, England. NOT Megatokyo, Japan. Just so we're clear.

Soft Canon: The events in this thread have definitely happened, but the order they happened in or the way they happened is not necessarily what actually happened. This is intended to make posting less work in this thread, and enable people to spontaneously jump in wherever and whenever they find things interesting. Events of world-shattering importance typically don't happen in soft-canon threads, but sometimes we get surprised by what we write.
<<

Ameryll

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: Weddings Are SO Embarrassing

Writer of: Anaryn Summers, Lily Summers, and Casey Hailstein. Surrogate writer of Nicholas Summers until such a time as his author decides to return.
Owner of: "All the Perfumes of Arabia" No Questions Asked Dry-Cleaners
<<

Arella

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Weddings Are SO Embarrassing

When In Rome

Timestamp: About a year after the Demon Invasion? I dunno.
Authors: Arella and Ameryll

Arella nearly jumped out of her skin when her cellphone rang (it almost never did, these days); unfortunately, she did end up knocking over her glass of lemonade. Apologizing profusely to the poor waiter (she was in what was fast becoming her favourite little cafe in Vatican City, nice and close to the Vatican Library where she spent most of her days), the young woman scrambled desperately through her purse in search of the noisy device playing Nanne's Håll Om Mig. Finally capturing the thing, she almost lost her grip and ended up throwing it across the cafe in her haste to answer it before it went to voicemail, but managed to keep her grip on it at the last second.

"Hello?" Arella asked, somewhat nervously; she really needed to get caller ID, not knowing who was on the other end just made her anxious these days.

"Hello, is this Arella?" a female voice asked in a British accent.

"Anaryn!" the magical girl exclaimed in excitement, earning a few annoyed looks from the other customers but thoroughly failing to notice. "Where are you?" Arella hadn't seen her friend since before the start of the demon invasion. "Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Wherever Anaryn was, Arella would be on a plane within half an hour if she needed her.

"Oh, no! Nothing's wrong!" Anaryn replied hastily. "Well, nothing urgent. I'm in London arranging the wedding, and well... I was wondering if you would be one of my bridesmaids?" Was that hope in the vampire's voice?

The squeal of delight that escaped Arella at this may well have been answer enough, provided it hadn't deafened the poor woman. The other patrons of the cafe Arella was in, meanwhile, were looking more than a little panicked - one didn't have to be in Megatokyo to recognize the dangers of a cutegirl's extreme excitement.

"Oh my God, I would love to be you bridesmaid!" the young woman exclaimed, practically bouncing in her seat now. "I can't believe you and Nicholas are finally getting married! When do you want me there? Doyouneedanyhelpwiththeweddingplanning?"

There was a pause in which Anaryn definitely didn't check whether or not her hearing still worked. "If you're up for helping, that would be wonderful. The wedding's not for a few months, but I could use any help whenever you're free." She then whispered, "Lilith is getting frustrated with her grandparents, and becoming quite the handful." Back in a normal voice, "I could use the help of someone sane. I can pay for your flight of course, and you can stay with me while you're visiting. When would you like to come out?"

"I could be at the airport within half an hour, though I don't know what time the next flight to London would be leaving. Should I leave now? I can leave now!" Wedding planning, and a baby - Arella couldn't get there soon enough.

Anaryn chuckled. "Breathe, Arella. How about I book you on a flight this weekend? Is that enough time to clear your plate and get ready to help with the craziest wedding this century?"

Arella pouted a bit at the prospect of having to wait to see the baby - she never had been very good at that patience thing, but at least this way she could finish some of her research before she left. She bounced a bit, her excitement immediately returning. "I'll see you this weekend, then! I'm in Vatican City right now, though - will that change the price much, do you think? You really don't need to pay for my ticket, I know weddings are expensive, and I do have money! Is Nicholas there, too? Will Buffy be there? Oooh, am I gonna get to meet your parents?"

"Tell you what, I'll split the airfare with you," she replied. Normally, vampires were incredibly well off - one of the perks of not consuming food - but Anaryn did consume food (a lot of food) and she'd lost much of her wealth during World War II. She'd recovered reasonably well, but even being one of the most successful Dry Cleaners in MegaTokyo didn't make her wealthy.

"That's fair," Arella agreed, though she still felt a bit guilty about having her friend pay anything at all.

"Nicholas is in Megatokyo right now, keeping an eye on my apartment while they repair it from the demon invasion. I hope Buffy will be here, but Nicholas still has to fly to California to talk to her about that." Anaryn hesitated on the last question. "I suppose there won't be any way for you to avoid meeting my family, since I'm currently staying with them. Will that be alright? They are vampires..."

"Aww, that must be hard, being away from each other! You let me know if he needs any help making Buffy come, though, and I'll go help him drag her to England!" the magical girl offered; no doubt, she would use her considerable powers of fangirlism, and glomp the poor Slayer onto a plane. "I'm sure I'll be okay with your parents, though - I mean, they're your parents, and you're the nicest vampire ever, so they must be pretty nice, too! How's the wedding planning going? Is there anything I can do before this weekend?"

Anaryn paused at the whole 'your parents must be nice.' Eventually she decided it was best dealt with in person. As for the wedding... "If you're in Italy, there are some lovely dress shops there. I'll text you the sketch I made of my dress. Why don't you check out some bridesmaid dresses and see if you like any of them, and if they would go with the style of my dress? So far, it's just you and Kaitlyn, so we just need two. Kaitlyn would like something dark. My dress will be an ivory/cream color with black and red accents. I'm not sure what the wedding colours will be just yet... maybe ivory, red, and gold..." Anaryn rubbed her forehead. There was so much to plan.

"Oooooh, those would be great colours for the wedding! I'll start looking around for dresses right away - what size is Kaitlyn?" Arella asked, already pulling out some money to cover her bill at the cafe, so that she could get started - dress shopping would be way more fun than research! "Have you picked out a floral arrangement yet? That can be important to the colour scheme, as well. Where's the ceremony taking place, a church?" By the time the young woman had made her way back out into the streets of Vatican City, both patrons and employees of her favourite cafe had gone into shock due to overexposure to excited magical girl, and two of the patrons found themselves in dire need of a shot of insulin.

"Kaitlyn is a size 6. No church. A, vampires, and B, I'm Jewish, remember?" Anaryn replied, though she wasn't surprised Arella forgot; she hadn't worn her religion on her sleeve when Arella had met her. "And I don't know where it'll be, exactly. With the crowd I'm inviting, outside, most likely - plenty of room, in case fighting breaks out."

"Right, sorry," the magical girl apologized. "The danger of an outside wedding, of course, is the weather - what would you do if it rains?"

"Rain location will probably be my parents' castle, but I really hope we don't have to do that..." Anaryn shuddered. She liked being independent of her parents, but they were so thrilled to be grandparents they had offered the castle up as a wedding venue. Of course, that was before they'd found out that the groom was a mere human. "Maybe when you get out here, we can go looking for a better rain location together."

"Oh, but that would be beautiful, having the wedding in a castle! Is it really a real castle? Why don't you want to have the wedding there?" Arella asked, already imagining what the castle might look like.

Anaryn chuckled. "It is really a castle. A smallish castle, but it's a castle. As for why I wouldn't want to have it there?" She shrugged fractionally. "My parents will enjoy having me owe them a favor for the rental of their space far too much."

"Aww, I guess that makes sense. Maybe we could find another castle?" the magical girl suggested.

Anaryn chuckled. "We can look around when you get here. Now, why don't you go pack, and I'll pick you up at the airport this Saturday. Lilith will be very excited to meet someone new."

"I'll see you on Saturday!" Arella agreed, skipping a bit in her excitement. "Bye!" Ooooh, there was a good dress shop!

Summary:
-Arella is in Vatican City, researching her Magical Girl pendant.
-Anaryn calls to ask her to be a bridesmaid.
-Arella accepts, and volunteers to come early to help with wedding planning and Lilith.
-She's also looking for bridesmaid dresses.
-And will be meeting Anaryn's parents. Who are regular vampires. And Arella is afraid of vampires.

Return to Soft-Canon