FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I have no idea where this is going

<<

DarkTan

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:59 am

I have no idea where this is going

It was a dark and stormy night. It was always dark and stormy. It was always night. Not in that cliché way every story starts either; it's literally always dark, always storming, and always night. Our fault really. I don't exactly know why either. Happened before my time. I know how things used to be before, from movies, recordings and what have you. But this wasn't a show or a movie or a book. There were no Dauntless watching the fence, there were no Shadowhunters holding back the darkness, no Chosen One to lead us though, no Factionists to recruit us, no superheros to save us.
This is reality. This is here. This is now. It's us. And it's them. There's a war going on. We are winning it. But we don't know the cost. The storms that churn the skies were the deciding blow against them. With out the sun, their power diminished greatly. But so did ours. We were so dependent on the sun before. Now it's coal and nuclear power plants. There's a new one about to go online next week. Its completely underground and they are making the land above it an artificial hot spring. Not really sure I'd want to swim in nuclear coolant water. At least it adds to the blanket that blocks out the sun.
I've never actually seen the sun before. Heard it used to be warm. Especially where Florida used to be. Snow's starting early this year in south Texas. I zip up my coat and pop up the hood. I hate the snow, but tonight it's going to help. See, I wasn't joking when I said there were no heroes. I'm not going to win the war and save us all. We have soldiers for that. Trained men and women with one goal: Kill them. They don't need me.
Besides, I'm not cut out for that. I've never wanted to be the hero. Like i said, there aren't any. However, there is one group of people you could see in the movies of years ago. The villains. There are always villains. I would know. I'm one of them.
DarTan: The Unspeakable Cook.
Katrina: Bitch, She Eats People
Mimi: Varying Shades of Gray and A Concerning Amount of Red.
Ahab: Hail, Huntsmaster.
Stone: His Rap Sheet Is Better Than Wrapping Papper.
<<

DarkTan

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 am

Re: I have no idea where this is going

These people make no sense. Every time I deliver the ransom demands, they plead for me not to kill their "baby." For a decadent society that depends on others to do everything from fight their wars to take out the trash, one would think they could understand the motives behind a purely selfish act. I may be the bad guy, the villain, the "evil one;" but I'm not insane. It's not like I do these things at random, with neither rhyme nor reason. All these idiots know are movies and TV shows. The bad guys that shoot someone for no reason. Kill the hostage because the family made a mistake. What's the point in that? Hostages are dead, I don't get paid. and if they are beaten or dead after I get paid, well, that make future business transactions a little more difficult, doesn't it?

I mean, come on. Even in the religious texts, evil is never with out reason. "But what about the Bible in the garden?" you say. The most obvious one of all. If Lucifer could not rule a perfect creation, then he chose to corrupt it to something more his style. What was that line from those silly books again? "If I cannot rule Heaven, I will raise Hell." Who do you think they based that on?

Come to think of it, that is a pretty good motto. Everything has gone to shit already. Ah, the pizza and ice cream has arrived. Time to start he Harry Potter marathon for the "hostages." Which mean it's time to set up the drop. On of the teens has already seen 'em all twice, so we're letting him go home early. Good kid, he's expressed interest in being a driver for me. Told him he's got one more year and we'll talk.
DarTan: The Unspeakable Cook.
Katrina: Bitch, She Eats People
Mimi: Varying Shades of Gray and A Concerning Amount of Red.
Ahab: Hail, Huntsmaster.
Stone: His Rap Sheet Is Better Than Wrapping Papper.

Return to Original Stories